"...Continuous support [in labour] was most effective when provided by a woman who was neither part of the hospital staff nor the woman's social network..."*
Your doula will share one of your most intimate moments with you and will be a part of a memory that will last your entire life. So the right match for you is important. Before you make a decision about who you'd like to join you in your delivery room take some time to get to know us. Once you've learned about our team and interviewed your doula of choice, you can relax and enjoy the care of your doula with the package outlined below:
Birth Doula Package Includes:
-2 prenatal visits (approx 2 hrs in length)
-24 hour on-call care
-Library of books, videos and birth tools for your use
-Full attendance of your labour and delivery
-2 postpartum visits (approx 2 hrs in length)
Every new parent needs a little pampering, so enjoy these bonus services at no extra cost!
Some restrictions apply
Not sure you need or can have a doula? Check out the most common misconceptions about doulas and how we'll help you connect to any birth scenario.
Parents are often overwhelmed with the challenges of postpartum adjustment and can significantly benefit from the support of a postpartum doula in the first few weeks after their baby is born. When you invite a postpartum doula into your home, you'll have an easier time finding balance within your new family, feel more connected to each other and your baby, feel more rested, better fed, will be less likely to experience postpartum depression and have more breastfeeding success.
Your postpartum doula will visit you 2-3 times per week and offer services that may include but are not limited to:
- Hands-on education on infant and mother care (breastfeeding, bathing, diapering, calming techniques, preparation of formula ifbottle feeding)
- Create a nurturing, restful atmosphere in which parents may eat, shower and nap
- Introduce parenting tips, helping parents to learn skills that will enable them to cope with their new responsibilities
- Screen for hurdles such as breastfeeding challenges or postpartum mood disorders
- Shop for groceries and prepare meals
- Help with housework such as light laundry, washing dishes, sweeping floor, etc
- Help initialize a routine for your baby and your family
- Refer you to another care provider should your needs exceed our scope of practice
- Sleep training (beginning at 4-6 months of age)
- Other duties to be discussed with client at time of contract signing.
It may be difficult to knowin advance how often and for how long you'll need a postpartum doula - so to start, we reserve two 4 hour visits for you and ask for a tentative schedule from to you work with. We can adjust our time together as needed once you get to know what challenges your unique postpartum situation presents for you.
*Hodnett ED, Gates S, Hofmeyr GJ, Sakala C, Weston J. Continuous support for women during childbirth. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2011, Issue 2. Art. No.: CD003766. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD003766.pub3