DISCOVER BIRTH INC/ THE NESTING PLACE – “FAMILY OF THE YEAR” CONTEST (the“Contest”)
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1) The Contest begins on Friday, January 18, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Tuesday, February 12th, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
2) The Contest is open to all residents of the Greater Toronto Area who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry and who are due to have a baby between April 1st, 2019 and June 30th, 2019.
HOW TO ENTER
3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Contest you must:
a. Have a valid Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram account (an “Account”).
b. Become a follower (a “Follower”) of the official Discover Birth and/or The Nesting Place Facebook page(s). https://www.facebook.com/thenestingplacedoula and/or https://www.facebook.com/DiscoverBirth/
c. During the Contest Period, “like” one or both pages, and submit an entry on either site (together, an “Entry”):
(i) upload your video to any site that you can link to. We recommend Youtube or DropBox. You may also post it directly to our Facebook page if you like, or you may submit a private entry for consideration via one of the sites above.
4) Your Contest entry must comply with the following specifications (the Contest Entry Specifications”):
a. be your original creation, and be a video taken solely by you. Reproducing, modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s pre-existing work does not qualify as your original creation;
b. not violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to copyright. For example, your Contest Entry must not defame, infringe or violate publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s, entity’s or organization’s personal or proprietary rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights. For greater certainty, your Contest Photo must not contain trademarks, logos, or trade dress owned by anyone other than the Sponsor, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without express, written, prior permission of the trademark or brand owner;
c. not have been published previously, used commercially, submitted to another competition or contest, or won any other award;
d. be in “good taste” and in keeping with the Sponsor’s brand image and must not be explicit, offensive, obscene, or profane, and must not be derogatory toward any ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, profession, or age group, or promote any activities that may be unsafe or dangerous, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion;
e. not contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service;
f. not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products;
g. not be false, inaccurate or misleading;
h. not violate any law or regulation;
i. not be libelous, threatening or harassing;
j. not instigate others to commit illegal activities or violate human rights; and
k. not contain any viruses, worms, or other interfering computer programming.
5) You will receive one (1) Entry in the Contest when your video entry as described in Section 3 and 4, above and in accordance with these Rules. LIMIT (1) ENTRY PER PERSON/ACCOUNT DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD (regardless of how many times you submit an entry). For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, you can only use one (1) Account to participate in the Contest. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once during the Contest Period, then all your Entries will be void. Use of any automated system to submit Entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ENTRY (INCLUDING YOUR USERNAME AND PROFILE PICTURE) MAY BE POSTED ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND/OR SPONSORS’ PROPRIETARY WEBSITE, WHERE IT MAY BE VIEWED, SHARED (BY USERS OF TWITTER FACEBOOK AND VARIOUS OTHER INTERNET-BASED SITES) AND COMMENTED ON BY THE SPONSOR AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
6) On Wednesday, February 13th, in Courtic, Ontario, at approximately 3:00 p.m. ET, one (1) eligible entrant will be selected from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7) Before being declared a winner: The selected entrant will be contacted and notified that they are eligible to win. The selected entrant must reply within one (1) business day of. The selected entrant must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone. The Sponsor will then email, and the selected entrant will be required to sign and return within one (1) business day of notification a declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release, which:
a. confirms compliance with the contest rules;
b. releases the Sponsor, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, the contest judges and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Contest, the entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and
c. grants to the Sponsors the right to use the selected entrant’s name, address and likeness in any form of advertising relating to the contest without further notice or compensation.
If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted within one (1) calendar days of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; or (iii) fails to return the contest documents within the specified time, the he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
8) Grand Prize: There will be one (1) grand prize available to be won, consisting of:
a. Birth Doula Package (2 prenatal visits, attendance at birth and one postpartum visit
b. Postpartum Doula services totaling an additional 23 hours divided as three 5-hour visits and two 4-hour visits during daytime hours.
c. Group prenatal classes at any of our advertised locations.
These prizes MUST be utilized by the winner and the winner agrees to be videoed during the use of these prizes. The winner will also video their thoughts and feelings about the use of the services. All of these videos will be made public to follow along with the pregnancy and early postpartum experience.
The following additional services will be made available to the winner, but their use is optional (as needed)
• Acupuncture visit in office
• Lactation Consultation visit in-home
• Naturopathic visit in office
• Homeopathic visit in office
• Craniosacral therapy in office
• Registered Massage therapy in office
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value. Prizes will only be awarded to the person who is the owner of the Entry.
9) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
10) Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
11)You must warrant that your Contest Entry meets the Contest Entry Specifications, set out above.
Sponsor reserves the right to deem ineligible and exclude from the Contest any Contest Photo that
Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, determines does not meet the Contest Entry Specifications. Your right to submit a Contest Photo must not be restricted in any way. You must be able to provide legal releases for use of your Contest Entry by Sponsor in any format, and materials related to the Contest, including in relation to any third party’s name, likenesses or work (“Third Party Elements”) included in your Contest Photo.
12)Sponsor’s right to use your Contest Entry: You acknowledge that your Contest Entry will
Only appear in electronic and print materials related to the Contest, including promotional materials if you are selected as the winner, unless you make it public. By posting a Contest Entry on our Facebook pages, you irrevocably, perpetually, and without limitation, grant Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, sub-license, edit, dispose of, and/or modify such Contest Entry and the concepts and Third Party Elements embodied therein in any way, in commerce, and in any and all media worldwide in electronic and print materials related to the Contest, and waive all your rights, including moral rights, in the Contest Entry, without notice or compensation, and agree that you may be required to sign a release to that effect.
13)All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
14) By entering this Contest, each entrant expressly consents to the Sponsor, its agents and/or representatives, storing, sharing and using the personal information submitted with his/her Entry only